lunes, 25 de mayo de 2009

The HULK in me

Photobucket


What does it take to awaken the beast? I guess it depends on the day and my mood, cause reasons --to be honest-- may vary from one day to another.

But today, I am very proud of myself. In spite of the rolling of his eyes, his turning the music volume up, and his teeth clenching, I managed to hold the beast inside and not kill the taxi driver.

Since I became jobless, I should have gotten used to the idea already that I won't be getting any salary on the 15th and the 30th of each month (or at least until I get something else). But instead, I keep calling 22 24 79 79 and asking for a cab to show at my door whenever I decide to dangle at a different location.

This time, the final destination was Universidad Fidélitas. It was raining, or more like pouring cats and dogs. My "History and Ethics" class was about to begin, but I was still at home. I told the taxi man where I was heading, and 10 minutes later we were almost there. The University was across the street, but we had to wait a couple of minutes without moving cause traffic was awful.

The guy says "Well, well, well...shit! I imagine that you want me to drop you off inside? The tone that he used, and again, the rolling of his eyes took me completely by surprised. I was like... "SAY WHAT?!" And on he goes, " IS IT REALLY NECESSARY TO DROP YOU OFF INSIDE?... SHIT!" NOW SHE-HULK starts to wake up, but controlling myself as much as I could I told him "NO, YOU IMAGINED WRONG. YOU CAN DROP ME OFF AT THE ENTRANCE". He spits and says " SO.... I HAVE TO CROSS THE STREET BECAUSE YOU CAN'T WALK FROM HERE?!"

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! *(this was me on the inside)

How dared he? He calls himself a taxi driver? Aren't they supposed to be used to bad traffic jams? I mean... it was raining!!! I didn't want to come to class soaking water! And besides, I was paying for his service. So , instead of ripping my clothes off, turning green, losing all speech and choking him to the rythm of a near death experience, I limited myself to tell him: (with the "sweetest" tone possible) "Is this your first day as a taxi driver? Or are you not from here? There are traffic jams everywhere, you know? especially when it rains. Once again, you can drop me off at the entrance, I don't want to get wet and I AM NOT GOING TO WALK!".

The meter said 1120 colones, but I gave him 1200 and let him keep the rest. Maybe he can put it in a savings account and buy some manners. While walking up the stairs to the classroom, I dialed 22 24 79 79 and told the lady what happened. I might have even added a couple of twists to the story. If what my taxi driver fellows tell me is true, he probably got disconnected from the "cooperativa" for at least a couple of hours, and I made sure that next time I call, he won't be favored with any of my 6-8 thousand colones rides to whatever "princess destination" I choose.

See? HULK didn't come out after all......
VENDETTA DID.

Photobucket

4 comentarios:

  1. jajajaj buenisimo!! ese es el estilo que me gusta después de todo es mil veces mas letal la V" que Hulky!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. El Gato con botas y pipa feliz29 de mayo de 2009, 18:14

    Yo te recomiendo comprarte un "Jetpack" asi podes sobrevolar y evitar las presas..claro...que venga con capa incluida y paraguas...son especiales para cortas distancias

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Con la suerte que me ando se me enreda el paraguas en el alambrado publico.. eso o me cae un rayo. Pero estoy dispuesta a probar. Que donde venden esos????

    ResponderEliminar

Shoot and let me know what you think