miércoles, 13 de mayo de 2009

27 things you didn´t really ask about (but I´ll tell you anyways)


A while ago I got a Facebook invitation
; some sort of chain or something for people to describe themselves by telling 25 things about them. At first I wasn´t sure I could come up with 25 things I wanted to share with everyone; however, by the time I was done I noticed that I managed to come up with some funny, or to some, disturbing? surprising? facts about my childhood and the way I grew up to be this peculiar, fun to be around, and overall changing personality.

So, I´m sharing them with you now, and just added a couple of things more to make it 1 curious fact for each year that I´ve been around. Go on...I´ll risk the chance of you thiking ¨ok , too much information¨and judge by yourselves.



1. When I was little I used to eat butter like it was candy. My mom had to be careful not to leave it over the counter table because I would always reach it and had the best pic-nic one can rustle up when you are only 6. My brother called me ¨la mantequillosa¨.

2. I am terrified of roaches. Not only do they scare me, I become completely useless, petrified! This is how I know that Murphy's law is true. If there is a bunch of us, and a cockroach decides to fly and land on someone, it will definitely pick me. I'd rather throw a shoe (that doesn't belong to me) and hope it kills it, than to try to smash it with my own foot. Another alternative is to hide behind something and stare at it until it goes away.

3. My favorite book ever is "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley. In what other world saying "mom" would be considered a dirty word? or having orgies when you are just a kid and consider it playing be normal? Besides that, having a little "somma" to feel happy is not too far from reality. If you haven't read it I recommend it. Another favorite of mine and against all odds is "Metamorphosis" by Franz Kafka (who would have known?).

4. The person that may have come closer to describing my personality once told me that I was "Sweet & Sour". I agree.

5. No matter what everyone thinks "White Chicks" is not a good movie.

6.
Though I feel true admiration for knowledgeable old people, I admire the most those that are young and still are more responsible, and wiser than those twice their age. These are the ones whose positive attitude create a long lasting impression on me.

7. Out of all things that may piss me off, the one I hate the most is gossip. Out of all the things that I love the most: an afternoon off, with nothing to worry about, listening to good music and in good company.

8. I don't believe in love at first sight. I do believe that you can feel attracted to someone in seconds and idealize the relationship. However, I only fall in love after months of getting to know each other's virtues and flaws. After that, only time can tell...Also, as long as it takes to fall in love, it also takes to fall out of it.

9. I will always prefer something with ham and cheese over a piece of cake or a chocolate bar. Additionally, I don't like Coke and there is no force in this world that could make me eat carrots, eggplant, lentils or liver. Nothing spicy either... Thanks.

10. In spite of how bad I know it is, I usually sleep with make up on and I wake up looking like a beaten up racoon.

11. I gave up the baby bottle when I was 6 because my mom told me that I could only have it if I agreed to wear diapers. Needless to say, I gave it up.

12. I love going to the movies. Whoever dares go with me will have to bear with my constant crying if the movie is too touching, or my endless pinching and punching if I'm too scared. It is likely also that I will cover my face half the movie during a terror film.

13. I believe that what goes around comes around. Though karma may be a bitch sometimes, you end up learning from your own and other people's mistakes (even if you need to re-take the class to learn your lesson because you were too stupid to learn the first time).

14. You hurt me once and I may forgive you. You hurt me twice and I may try to forgive you, but I will NEVER forget. That sucks when I really care about you.

15. My zodiac sign is "Cancer". Even though I don't live my life or base my decisions on the stars, I do compare myself a lot to that little crab. When I'm feeling blue I hide inside my shell. Also, it may take me longer to get where I want because I walk in different directions, but I eventually find my way.

16. Another story about my funny but strange childhood: I used to grab a bunch of dirt from my mom's garden and pour it on my head. Removing the little rocks from my scalp and hair would keep me busy for hours. Then I would repeat the process. Not a very girly girl back then, hun?

17. I love languages and learning about different cultures. Even if I only speak Spanish, English and understand a little Portuguese, I want to know at least 3 more languages by the time I'm old. That way when I'm close to being senile I will have an additional excuse for saying things that no one understands.

18. Even though I don't think of myself as a shallow person, when I'm feeling down I go shopping or get a haircut. It always makes me feel better.

19. I hate to be lied to, and don't enjoy lying to anybody. However, if I need to do it I have the most amazing ability to tell a story and remember all details in case you ask me later on. Likewise, I have a 6th sense that always tells me when someone is lying or hiding something.

20. To me, the best thing about eating sushi is the soy sauce. I once had a soy sauce shot and digged it! Actually, the sushi roll may just be the cover for having a little soy sauce.

21. I love the beach. I can easily spend hours lying under the sun, especially when all you hear is the sound of the waves and birds...

22. I strongly dislike the number 22. However, only those that know me well know exactly what I´m talking about. Half of them think I´m nuts.

23. As disgusting as it may seem to most people, I find the greatest pleasure in popping up black dots from someone else's back or face. So relaxing....

24. I once practiced karate, until the Sensei had the greatest idea of making me wear a purple belt (one level higher than the one I was actually at) and a black belt girl kicked me on the face during a tournament. I cried.

25. I used to have this obsessive-compulsive behavior, that made me turn the lights on and off a paired number of times before going to bed. The same thing with checking the alarm clock, on.. off..on..off..on...off...

26. What do smoking my first joint in a park and ¨becoming a woman¨have in common? The location.

27.I usually don´t reveal too much about myself, except for when it´s been too many beers. Even if I didn´t say anything too embarrasing I always regret it the next day. As a matter of fact, I might delete this all tomorrow morning....

4 comentarios:

  1. ~LOve the 26!! nO Le quite pOr que repite LOL

    ResponderEliminar
  2. ñaaaauuuuu...que te dire, puro confesiones de una mente peligrosa.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. jaja! #24 made me laugh aloud...sorry...remind me next time to tell you about my tae-kwon-do story from childhood. -DK

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I sure will remind you, you always have interesting stories... I should keep a record and publish them, hahaha!

    ResponderEliminar

Shoot and let me know what you think